HAMS harm reduction is effective in reducing alcohol and drug problems. This is important. Many people find AA, NA, and other 12-step meetings to be embarrassing, time consuming and, worst of all, ineffective. The good news is that there are effective alternatives. One that is based on both scientific and practical evidence is the HAMS […]
- College freshmen in the US recently reported the lowest rates of drinking in 38 years.
- The proportion of American high school seniors who drink continues to fall dramatically.
- Drinking among 12 to 17-year-olds has dropped by two-thirds (65%) in a recent 23 year period. Curious?
How much do you know about George? Test your knowledge. Bet you didn't learn any of this in school.
Timeline: Alcohol and Drinking History in America
Visit this new timeline to follow the history of alcohol and drinking in the United States of America.
Timeline: World History of Alcohol and Drinking
This timeline presents events in the history of alcohol and drinking over the past 12,000 years.
Alcohol and the body trivia is fun! Discover surprising facts about alcohol and the body. Share what you learn with friends. Please remember that none of this information is advice. That should come from your doctor. Alcohol and the Body Trivia The human body creates alcohol constantly. It can’t live without making it. The process […]
Politicians and alcohol trivia is fun! Alcohol has always been an important part of American life since the first European settlers landed. Indeed, the Mayflower cut short her voyage to a mild climate and landed early because the supply of beer on board was running low. This list of politicians, patriots, and other leaders includes […]
Alcohol word trivia is fun! Discover trivial alcohol words and share them with your friends. Alcohol Word Trivia “Cwrw” is the Welch word for beer. It’s pronounced “koo-roo.”1 Mai Tai means “out of this world” in the Tahitian language.2 What’s the difference between whiskey and whisky? (Other than the fact that one includes the letter […]
Bar trivia is fun! Discover fascinating trivia about bars, taverns, bartenders, liquor stores and others purveyors of alcoholic beverages. Then share your discoveries of bar trivia with them. Bar Trivia Want to visit the longest bar in the world? It’s in the New Bulldog bar in Rock Island, Illinois. Bring all your friends. There’s plenty […]
Disclaimer: This website is informational only and makes no suggestions or recommendations about alcohol, drinking, disease, health or any other matter and none should be inferred.
- The alcohol contents of a regular beer, glass of dinner wine and shot of whiskey or other distilled spirit (80 proof) are all the same. This is alcohol equivalence.
- The U.S. government reports that moderate consumption of alcohol (beer, wine or distilled spirits) improves health and increases longevity.
- Parents have great influence over the choices their children make about alcohol now and in the future.
- Drinking alcohol by students in U.S. middle and high schools has declined to its lowest level in the 36 years that the federal government has surveyed the subject.
- Distilled spirits (whiskey, brandy, rum, tequila, gin, etc.) contain no carbohydrates, no fats of any kind, and no cholesterol. Get the nutrition facts.