State of New York alcohol laws are important for the millions of visitors to the state. Not knowing them can cause problems. Both for residents and visitors. No one wants to be fined or have a criminal record. A number of agencies police these laws and prosecute violators. Never assume that New York alcohol laws […]
Alcohol Problems and Solutions
Welcome to the website that has been debunking myths and sharing effective peer-reviewed ways to reduce drinking problems & live healthier, for nearly 20 years.
A study of 17,000 women has found that women who consume about three drinks per day but take 200 micrograms of folate or folic acid (Vitamin B9) per day have a lower risk of breast cancer than do alcohol abstainers. This is consistent with other research. Curious?
Think you know all about alcohol? Take this fun alcohol quiz. It's full of alcohol related facts.
How much do you know about George? Test your knowledge. Bet you didn't learn any of this in school.
Timeline: Alcohol and Drinking History in America
Visit this new timeline to follow the history of alcohol and drinking in the United States of America.
Timeline: World History of Alcohol and Drinking
This timeline presents events in the history of alcohol and drinking over the past 12,000 years.
Alabama alcohol laws express the beliefs of its residents. The state was a strong temperance supporter. Its laws reflect that antipathy toward drinking. It is against state law for anyone under the age of 21 to consume alcohol. That means any amount, any time, for any reason. Those under 21 may not take communion wine. […]
Colorado alcohol laws cover its residents. They also cover its visitors. Visitors should know that laws vary from state to state. Even within states. Some young people seek part-time jobs. Many of these are in hospitality. Some involve alcohol. Youths need to know what age is needed to hold them. What age is needed to […]
Hawaii alcohol laws apply to the the state’s residents. It also applies to the state’s visitors. The state’s alcohol laws may vary from some other states. Many young people want part-time jobs. Hospitality offers many. Some involve alcohol. What age is needed to serve alcohol in restaurants? To tend bar? To sell alcohol for consumption […]
Minnesota alcohol laws apply to both residents and visitors. Its laws may differ from those elsewhere. Thinking they’re the same could cause problems. Some young people want to get part-time jobs. Hospitality offers many of them. Some involve working with alcohol. Youths need to know if they are old enough for them. What age is […]
Disclaimer: This website is informational only and makes no suggestions or recommendations about alcohol, drinking, disease, health or any other matter and none should be inferred.
- The alcohol contents of a regular beer, glass of dinner wine and shot of whiskey or other distilled spirit (80 proof) are all the same. This is alcohol equivalence.
- The U.S. government reports that moderate consumption of alcohol (beer, wine or distilled spirits) improves health and increases longevity.
- Parents have great influence over the choices their children make about alcohol now and in the future.
- Drinking alcohol by students in U.S. middle and high schools has declined to its lowest level in the 36 years that the federal government has surveyed the subject.
- Distilled spirits (whiskey, brandy, rum, tequila, gin, etc.) contain no carbohydrates, no fats of any kind, and no cholesterol. Get the nutrition facts.