Alcohol Facts Crossword Puzzle
- Drinking it won't speed up sobriety.
- U.S. President who was one of the country's largest whiskey distillers.
- This German was one of the world's best-known abstainers from alcohol.
- They are so high that they make producing moonshine (illegal distilled spirits) profitable.
- Abstainers subject their hearts to increased risk of suffering one.
- Beverage flavored with juniper berries.
- Former occupation of Tom Arnold, Bill Cosby, Sandra Bullock, Chevy Chase, Kris Kristofferson and Bruce Willis.
- Producing this was one of Colonial New England's largest industries.
- Racist group that strongly supported Prohibition and its strict enforcement.
- Describes legal status of hundreds of counties in U.S. decades after repeal of Prohibition in 1933.
- Can be prevented by abstaining or drinking in moderation.
- Describes longevity of people who drink in moderation.
- A name for an abstainer from alcohol.
- Abraham Lincoln owned and operated several of them.
- Frequent location of religious services in Colonial American towns.
- Describes driver who doesn't drink for the safety of self and passengers.
- Jesus made it, drank it, and approved of its moderate consumption.
- A diet-buster not found in distilled spirits.
- Illegal drinking establishment during U.S. Prohibition.
- Describes physical condition of people who drink in moderation.
- Along with rum, this was supplied as a daily ration to troops in the Colonial Army.
- The more highly educated they are, the more likely Americans are to do this.
- Official spirit of the United States, by act of Congress.
- Every signer of the American Declaration of Independence drank alcoholic ones.
- Describes the alcohol content of standard drinks of beer, wine and distilled spirits.
- Occupation of the Baptist who produced the first Kentucky whiskey.
- First distinctly American whiskey; also name of a grain.
- Human body produces it naturally and continuously.
filed under: Fun Facts