Selecting wine can be an overwhelming or even intimidating experience. Thousands of bottles from around the world line the shelves ranging in price from $3.00 to $300.00 or more. Which one will you buy? Do you know how to buy a bottle of wine? They sometimes bear gold stickers proclaiming their victories in wine competitions. […]
Are alcohol prices and binge drinking connected? Could raising the price of alcohol (beer, wine and spirits or liquor) help reduce binge drinking? Heavy episodic drinking (often called binge drinking) is a serious health risk problem, especially among young people. There is great disagreement as to how binge drinking can best be reduced. There are […]
Economic Costs of Alcohol Abuse
- Alcohol Abuse: The Economic Costs
- Underage Alcohol Drinking Costs
- The Economic Cost of Alcohol Abuse
- Bar Can Sue Underage Drinkers
- Alcohol Producers Sued
- The Economic Cost of Alcohol: Estimates for California
- Moonshine is Risky
- Cost of Alcohol and Its Consumption
- Alcohol Consumption and Taxes: Wet vs. Dry Areas
- Wet or Dry? Legalize Alcohol Beverage Sales?
- Sin Taxes on Alcoholic Beverages
- Alcohol Tax Cut Recommended
- Alcohol Taxes May Jump 25% Higher
- Alcohol Tax “By-The-Drink” Repealed in Florida
Sunday Alcohol Sales / Blue Laws
Alcohol Marketing / Advertising / Sales
- Alcohol Monopolies are Anti-Consumer
- Spending for Alcohol Ads
- Effects of Alcohol Ads
- Alcohol Marketing and Youth
- Alcohol Ads and College Sports
- Alcohol Ad Ban Ruled Unconstitutional
- NASCAR Invites Distilled Spirits Sponsorships
- Later Last Calls for Alcohol Safer
- Lawsuit Charging Alcohol Ads Target Teens Tossed Out
- 24-Hour Pubs
- A Movie and Martini
- Alcohol Delivery Service
- Alcohol and Business
- Selling Alcohol and Saddam Hussein
- U.S. Beverage Consumption Trends
- Drinking Alcohol and Using Marijuana
- Seattle's Proposal to Reduce Alcohol-Related Problems Includes Extending Serving Hours
- Socioeconomic Status and Alcohol Consumption
- Drinkers Earn More Mone
- Drinking Alcohol and Income, Education, and Social Class or Status
- Alcohol and Earnings
- DUI/DWI Can Cost $20,000
- Alcohol Smuggling Costs Taxpayers
- Alcohol Tax Cuts Needed Say Leaders
- Tavern Trends
- Barsby, S. A review of the Heien and Pittman study on the costs of alcohol abuse, Moderation Reader, 1990 (January/February).
- Baumann, C.S. Call for beer run answered. Orlando Sentinel, 7-20-03.
- Blackwell, Jon. 1921: Never on Sunday. Capital Century. www.capitalcentury.com
- Blue Laws. Reader’s Companion to American History. Houghton Mifflin Co. http://college.hmco.com
- Blue Laws. Urban Legends Reference Pages. www.snopes.com
- Blue Laws. The Columbia Encyclopedia. NY: Columbia University Press, 6th ed., 2001.
- Blue Laws. www.encylcopedia.com
- Caruso, David B. Court: State ban on alcohol ads in college newspapers is unconstitutional. Centre Daily Times, July 29, 2004.
- Drink and Grow Rich. Wall Street Journal, May 4, 2002.
- Driving drunk can cost $20,000. Washington Times, 1-1-04, p. B2.
- FTC Says Alcohol Type Not Aimed at Minors. Los Angeles Times (June 5, 2002).
- Group to colleges: Pull alcohol ads. USA Today, 11-13-03, p. 14C.
- Heien, D. The external costs of alcohol abuse, Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 1996, 57, 336-342.
- Heien, Dale M., and Pittman, David J. The economic costs of alcohol abuse: An assessment of current methods and estimates. Journal of Studies on Alcohol, 1989, 50, 567-579.
- Laband, David N., and Heinbuch, Deborah. Blue Laws: The History, Economics, and Politics of Sunday-closing Laws. Lexington, MA: Lexington Books, 1987.
- Melillo, W. FTC: Ads for "Alcopops" Not Aimed at Teens, Adweek (June 6, 2002).
- Mellen, Karen. MADD official gets jail for theft. Chicago Tribune, 4-1-04.
- Myers, Gustavus. Ye Olden Blue Laws. NY: Century Co., 1921.
- Never on Sunday. Word Detective. www.worddetective.com/051600.html
- NASCAR to allow distilled spirits sponsorships in 2005. NASCAR.com, November 10, 2004.
- Pearson, Erica. NYC’s blue laws. Gotham Gazette, May 26, 2003. http://www.gothamgazette.com/article/ issueoftheweek/20030526/200/405
- Weinberg, R. Benefits of alcohol use wash out the costs of use says noted economist, Moderate Drinking Journal, 1987, 1(5).
- Why Do We Have Sunday Blue Laws? In: Voorhees, Don. The Book of Totally Useless Information. NY: MFJ Books, 1993.