Premature Birth and Low Birth Weight: Drinking Alcohol During Pregnancy
To study possible effects of drinking alcohol during pregnancy on rates of preterm birth and infants small for their gestational age, data from two large surveys were analyzed.
The studies were the Amsterdam Born Children and their Development Study (N = 5, 238) and the German Health Interview and Estimation Survey for Children and Adolescents (N = 16,301).
Mothers’ level of alcohol consumption, educational level, degree of mental stress, or tobacco smoking during pregnancy did not affect either premature births or low birth weights.
This website does not make any suggestions or recommendation about health or medical matters and should be inferred.
- Pfinder, M., et al. Preterm birth and small for gestational age in relation to alcohol consumption during pregnancy: stronger associations among vulnerable women? BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, 2013, 13, article number 49.
- Drinking Alcohol during Pregnancy
- How Safe Is Drinking During Pregnancy?
- Safe Use of Alcohol During Pregnancy?
- Drinking During Pregnancy
- Drinking During Pregnancy (2)
- Is Occasional Light Drinking During Pregnancy Harmful?
- Drinking during Pregnancy OK, Meds Say
- Light Drinking During Pregnancy and Childrens’ Learning & Mental Health
Filed Under: Women's Health