A driver in Adams County, Wisconsin was stopped by a deputy sheriff. The driver told the officer that he smelled of alcohol because he had been eating beer-battered fish. That’s an usual DWI defense!
The driver blew a preliminary breath tester reading of 0.06. Because he is a repeat offender, his maximum legal BAC is 0.02.
The driver demanded a jury trial. To the jurors, his story sounded fishy. They didn’t bite. He was convicted and now faces time in the tank.
And this is a reel news story.
DUI – DWI Defense
- Stopped for DWI or DUI? (What Defense Lawyers Say to Do.)
- Unreliable Breath Tests.
- Inaccuracy of Breath Tests a Threat to Law-Abiding Drivers.
- 14 Tips to Avoid a DWI or DUI Conviction.
- Never Take a Field Sobriety Test Say Lawyers.
- How Long Does Alcohol Stay in Your Body?
- Failed Field Sobriety Test Happens to Sober Drivers Often.
- DWI and DUI Facts and Fiction: Urban Myths.
- DWI Convictions Are Costly.
- DUI: How to Avoid a Drunk Driving Arrest and Conviction.
- How to Beat a DUI.
- DUI: How to Avoid Arrest.
- 101 Ways to Avoid a Drunk Driving Conviction.
- DUI Bible: Avoiding a Drunk Driving Conviction.
- The Complete DUI Avoidance Lesson Plan.
- Arrest-Proof Yourself.
- How to Protect Your Rights During a DUI Traffic Stop.
- Rights During a Police Stop for DUI.
- Police Encounters: Know Your Rights,
- Know Your Rights. Stopped by Police.
- Criminal Law Handbook. Know Your Rights and Survive the System.
- I’ve Gotten a DWI/DUI, Now What?
- The Drinker’s Guide to Driving.
- Stop Your Teen from Drinking & Driving.
- The DUI Book: a Citizen’s Guide to Understanding DUI-DWI Litigation in America.
- The DUI Investigation Handbook.
- Dude, What are My Rights? The Self-Help Legal Survival Guide Ages 18-25.
- Officer’s DUI Handbook.
- What You Need to Know About the Legal Matters of DUI.
- How to Handle a DUI Stop.
Midwest Newsfront. Midwest Guide, 16(3), 4.