Practicing Alcohol Moderation. A Comprehensive Workbook is a practical guide on how to drink alcohol in moderation. It’s written by Cyndi Turner, LCSW, LSATP, MAC. She is co-founder and Clinical Director of Insights Into Action Therapy and Insight Recovery Centers.
The book is based on harm reduction. That is, recognizing goals short of abstinence as legitimate. It’s also based on evidence rather than ideology. It provides questionnaires, checklists worksheets, and even quizzes. Readers develop their own Alcohol Moderation Plan and can monitor their success.
Readers may choose to use Practicing Alcohol Moderation along with Turner’s The Clinician’s Guide to Alcohol Moderation. In spite of its title, the book is very useful to general readers. Also, that book answers many questions in greater depth. Especially useful is the chapter “Alcohol Moderation Tools.”
Pioneering alcohol researcher Dr. Stanton Peele observed that we would be wise to implement Turner’s ideas world-wide.
Resources: How to Drink Alcohol in Moderation
- What Is Moderate Drinking?
- Control Your Drinking. Tools to Drink in Moderation.
- Can Alcoholics Drink Moderately?
- It’s Better to Drink in Moderation Than to Abstain from Alcohol.
- How Much Alcohol Should I Drink for Health & Long Life?
- Alcohol Lengthens Life.
- Drinkers Live Longer. Why Does Drinking Increase Length of Life?
Also by Turner
Turner, C. Practicing Alcohol Moderation. New York: Routledge, 2020.
______. The Clinician’s Guide to Alcohol Moderation. New York: Routledge, 2020
- Kuerbis, A. et al. Alcohol and Aging. Cham: Springer, 2016.
- Miller, W. and Munoz, R. Controlling Your Drinking: Tools to Make Moderation Work for You. New York: Guilford, 2005.
- Spada, M. An Introduction to Sensible Drinking. London: Robinson, 2017.
- Thomas, M. The Longevity List. NSW, Aust: Exisle, 2017.
This website is for information only. Thus, it gives no advice. Please see a doctor for advice about drinking.
It receives no benefit from this review nor from the sale of any book.