Non-alcoholic drink recipes can make delicious beverages for the whole family. They’re a great option for those who choose not to drink alcohol. Designated Drivers will also appreciate a host’s thoughtfulness in having attractive beverage choices.
I. Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes
II. Books with Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes
Many states permit parents to serve alcohol to their children of any age. There is much evidence that parental serving of alcohol to their children reduces alcohol abuse problems among young people. See Underage Drinking: Legal in Most States.
I. Non-alcoholic drink recipes
- Bald Bishop •1 oz. chilled orange juice•1 & 1/2 oz. lemon juice•1 tsp. sugar•non-alcoholic Burgundy or other non-alcoholic white wine. Fill tall glass halfway with ice. Add orange juice, lemon juice and sugar. Then top off with “Burgundy”
- Banana & Cocoa •1 fresh banana•1 oz. hot cocoa•8 oz. half & half. Blend all ingredients with ice.
- Banana Shake •1/2 banana•3 oz. pineapple juice•3 oz. orange juice. Combine all ingredients in a blender filled 1/2 with ice and serve in a large glass. Garnish with banana slice.
- Bay Teeze •1 & 1/2 oz. non-alcoholic peach schnapps•3 oz. pineapple juice•6 oz. cranberry juice. Mix all ingredients together. Garnish with slice of lime and strawberry.
- Berry Berry •1 doz. fresh strawberries•8 oz. sweet & sour mix•1 tsp. sugar•dash grenadine. Blend all ingredients with ice. Then serve in large snifter.
- Breeze •6 oz. cranberry juice•6 oz. pineapple juice. Pour over ice in a tall glass.
- Champ-Berry •6 oz. non-alcoholic champagne•1 oz. cranberry juice•fresh strawberry. Mix together first two ingredients and garnish with strawberry.
- Cherry Crush •2 oz. cherry juice•2 oz. pineapple juice•2 oz. orange juice•club soda. Fill tall glass with ice. Add juices and a splash of soda. Then garnish with a cherry.
- Chocolate Amaretto Crème •1/2 cup evaporated milk•1/4 cup club soda•1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder•2 to 3 packets sweetener•1/4 tsp. almond extract•1 dash bitters•1 to 2 ice cubes. Combine all ingredients in blender for ten seconds or until smooth and creamy. Then pour into cocktail glass and serve with straw.
- Coco Cafe •4 oz. crushed ice•4 oz. cream of coconut•4 oz. cold coffee•grated coconut•cinnamon stick. Blend ice, milk, and cold coffee on medium speed for 10-20 seconds. Pour into snifter. Finally, garnish with grated coconut and a cinnamon stick.
- Cocoa Cooler •1 scoop crushed ice•2 packs cocoa mix•4 oz. half & half. Blend well. This is one of the great non-alcoholic drink recipes.
- Coffee Cafe •2 qt. cold strong coffee•2 cups milk•2/3 cup sugar•1 tbsp. vanilla extract•1/2 gal. vanilla ice cream, softened•2 cups whipping cream, whipped•ground nutmeg. Combine coffee, milk, sugar, and vanilla. Stir well and chill. Place ice cream in punch bowl and pour coffee mixture over ice cream, stirring gently. Finally, top with dollops of whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg. Makes 25 servings.
- Crown Calypso •1 scoop fine ice•1/2 small banana•1 & 1/2 oz. cream•1 oz. orange juice•1/2 oz. simple syrup. Blend all ingredients. Then serve in a tall glass. Garnish with orange wedge, banana chunk and mint.
D – E
- Delight •6 oz. piña-colada mix•2 oz. chocolate syrup•chocolate shavings. Blend and serve in a tall glass. This is one of the favorite non-alcoholic drink recipes.
- Espresso Smoothie •1 cup chilled espresso•1/4 banana•2 tsp. cinnamon•3 oz. ice cream. Blend all ingredients and serve over crushed ice.
- Fairmont Fizz •20 oz. cranberry juice•4 oz. Rose’s lime juice•10 oz. water•6 tsp. sugar. Stir all ingredients in a punch bowl, add ice cubes. Garnish with orange slices. Makes 12-15 servings.
- Freshing Raspberry Daiquiri •2 oz. sweet & sour mix•2 oz. soda•4 ounces raspberry puree•ice•whipped cream. Place first three ingredients into blender, add ice and mix until desired thickness achieved. Then pour into a tall glass and top with whipped cream.
- Frozen Cappuccino •3 oz. chilled espresso•3 oz. whipped cream•1/2 tsp. sugar. Blend with 1/2 scoop of crushed ice.
- Frozen Virgin Tai •1 oz. orgeat syrup•1 oz. pineapple juice•1 oz. sweet & sour mix•2 oz. orange juice•ice. Blend all ingredients.
- Fruit Fizz •3 oz. pineapple juice•3 oz. orange juice•3 oz. cranberry juice•1 oz. club soda. Blend, chill, and strain into frosted mug.
- Fruit Punch •1 12 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate•1 6 oz. can frozen pineapple juice concentrate•1 6 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate•1 qt. pineapple sherbet•1 qt. lime sherbet•1 & 1/2 qt. chilled ginger ale•fresh mint sprigs. Prepare juices according to package. Prepare lemonade using three cans water. Combine juices and chill two hours. Next, pour juices into punch bowl and add sherbets in small scoops. Add ginger ale and stir gently. Finally, garnish with mint sprigs. Makes 25 servings.
- Fruit Smoothies with Ice Cream •3 oz. ice cream•crushed ice•choice of fruit. Blend all ingredients. Garnish with fruit.
- Fruit Smoothies with Juice •1/2 banana•3 oz. pineapple juice•3 oz. orange juice. Combine all ingredients in a blender filled one-half with ice and pour into large glass. Then garnish with banana slice.
- Fuzzy Noel •1 cup peach sorbet•1/3 cup orange juice•1 cup sparking water•3/8 tsp almond extract. Blend sorbet, juice and extract until smooth. Stir in sparkling water, pour over crushed ice and serve.
- Hawaiian Frost •1 large scoop of ice•4 oz. Hawaiian Punch•4 oz. heavy cream. Blend well.
- Holstein Fizz •8 oz. cola (regular or diet)•4 oz. half & half•2 tsp. vanilla extract. Fill a tall glass with ice. Add all ingredients and stir. Then garnish with cherry.
- Ice Breaker •4 oz. herb ice tea•4 oz. cranberry juice•juice of one lime. Combine ingredients and garnish with lime slice.
- Joggers’ Treat •1 & 1/2 cup chilled pineapple juice•1/2 cup plain yogurt•1 tbsp honey•6 ice cubes. Combine ingredients in blender container. Cover and run on high until well blended. Serve in chilled glasses. Makes two servings.
- Juice Cocktail •1 dozen fresh strawberries•1/2 fresh banana•4 oz. pineapple juice•4 oz. orange juice•1/2 tsp. sugar•4 oz. half & half. Blend all ingredients with ice. Makes two servings.
- Justin Julep •1 cup black or orange tea (strong)•2 tsp. sugar•1/2 lemon•4 mint leaves. Combine tea, sugar, and lemon in glass. Tear mint leaves into strips and steep in 2 tsp. hot water for one minute before adding to tea. Then add ice cubes. Garnish with a lemon wheel and sprigs of mint.
L – M
- Lynn’s Dream Frappé •3/4 cup instant cocoa mix•3 cup cold water•1 container (4 & 1/4 ounces) refrigerated ready-to-serve chocolate pudding•1/4 cup creamy peanut butter. Blend cocoa mix and water until cocoa mix dissolves. Add chocolate pudding and peanut butter, then blend until smooth. Chill at least a half hour. Just before serving, stir mixture well, pour into mugs or glasses. Garnish with shaved chocolate and/or mini-marshmallows. What’s not to like about one of the most popular of the non-alcoholic drink recipes?
- Mock Pink Champagne •1/2 cup sugar•1 cup water•1 – 6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate•1 – 6 oz. can frozen grapefruit juice concentrate•1 – 28 oz. bottle chilled ginger ale•1/3 cup grenadine. Several hours before serving, mix sugar with water in saucepan and boil five minutes. Cool. Add frozen juice concentrates. Refrigerate. At serving time, add ginger ale and grenadine syrup. Finally, stir lightly. Makes one and one-half quarts or ten servings.
- Orange Fizz •3 oz. orange juice•3 oz. sparkling mineral water•grenadine. Put ingredients into a fluted champagne glass. Then add a dash of grenadine for pleasing color and sweeter taste. Finally, garnish with a slice of orange.
- Orange Julius •1/2 of 6-ounce can (1/3 cup) frozen orange juice concentrate•1/2 cup milk•1/2 cup water•1/4 cup sugar•1/2 tsp. vanilla•5 or 6 ice cubes. Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Makes two to three servings.
- Pacific Rim Fruit Delight •3 oz. pineapple juice•2 oz. orange juice•1 oz. sweet & sour mix•4 oz. orgeat syrup•cola. Fill a large glass with cubed ice. Pour ingredients into glass and stir. Float cola on top. Garnish with pineapple wedge and cherry.
- Palace Refresher •2 wedges of lemon•2 oz. cranberry juice•2 oz. fresh orange juice•4 oz. sparkling mineral water. In a tall glass filled with ice, squeeze two wedges of lemon, add cranberry juice, orange juice, and top with mineral water. Then garnish with a lemon twist.
- Paradise Punch •2 o. orange juice•2 oz. cranberry juice•2 oz. pineapple juice•1 oz. half & half•1/4 oz. grenadine. Combine all ingredients. Shake well and serve.
- Pink Lemonade •6 oz. cranberry juice•2 oz. sweet & sour mix•club soda. Blend first two ingredients. Add soda and pour into tall glass. Then garnish with lime wheel and cherry.
- Pink Punch •1 qt. cranberry juice•1 qt. pineapple juice•1 & 1/4 cup sugar•2 qt. chilled ginger ale. Combine juices and sugar in large container. Stir until sugar dissolves. Chill and stir in ginger ale just before serving. Makes 20 servings.
- Punch & Jerry •1 oz. grenadine•3 oz. cranberry juice•3 oz. orange juice•2 oz. pineapple juice•2 oz. piña colada mix. Blend, serve in tall glass. Garnish with slice of pineapple and slice of orange.
- Red Dream •2 oz. orange juice•2 oz. half & half•3 oz. strawberries*ice. Mix in blender until slushy.
- Sober Strawberry •4 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries•1 scoop crushed ice•1 pack cocoa mix•3 oz. half & half. Blend well.
- Sonoma Sonata •4 oz. grape juice•4 oz. ginger ale. Serve over ice cubes in a tall wine glass. Then garnish with orange slice.
- Sparkling Julep •white grape juice or non-alcoholic sparkling white wine.•mint-flavored sparkling water•sprig of mint. Combine, in approximately equal proportions, white grape juice (or non-alcoholic white wine) with sparkling water in a champagne flute. With sweeter grape juice or non-alcoholic wine, use slightly more mint mixer to taste.
- Strawberry Colada •1 doz. fresh strawberries•8 oz. pineapple juice•1/2 oz. cream of coconut. Blend all ingredients with ice. Serve in a large snifter.
- Strawberry Fling •1/2 pt. strawberry ice cream•1 cup milk•4 tsp. grenadine syrup•whole strawberries. Beat ice cream and milk until foamy thick in blender. Pour into glasses. Then pour grenadine from spoon down inside each glass (forms bright crimson layer at the bottom). Garnish with strawberries. Makes three to four servings.
- Strawberry Patch •2 oz. frozen strawberries•2 oz. pineapple juice•2 oz. orange juice. Blend juices with ice. Garnish with strawberries.
- Summer Breeze •3 oz. cranberry juice•1 oz. grapefruit juice•4 oz. ginger ale. Fill a 12 oz. glass with ice cubes. Pour in juices and ginger ale. Stir gently. Then garnish with a lime wedge.
- Summer Buzz •1 cup coffee coffee•1/2 cup chocolate milk. Blend and serve over ice and top with cinnamon.
- Summer Swirl •3 oz. pineapple juice•1 oz. cream of coconut•crushed ice•2 oz. ice cream•1 oz. pureed frozen strawberries. Blend first four ingredients. Pour into a glass coated with the strawberry puree.
- Sunrise Surprise •3 oz. orange juice•3 oz. ginger ale•1 oz. grenadine. Combine ingredients. Then garnish with a cherry and orange slice.
- Sweet and Sassy Mary •1 cup vegetable cocktail juice•1 to 2 packets sweetener•1 dash celery salt•1 dash Worcestershire sauce•2 drops Tabasco•1 lime wedge•1 cucumber spear for garnish. Combine all ingredients, except lime and cucumber, in an old-fashioned glass and stir well. Squeeze lime wedge over mixture and add wedge. Finally, stir and garnish.
- Texas Sunrise •8 ounces chilled orange juice•1 ounce grenadine syrup•cracked or shaved ice (optional). Add orange juice to glass and add grenadine. Let syrup settle on the bottom or stir, as desired. Then add ice if desired.
- The Enforcer •freshly brewed coffee•2 sugar cubes•whipped cream•cinnamon•chocolate sprinkles. Pour coffee into a mug; stir in two sugar cubes and a dash of cinnamon. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.
- The Vintage Crush •4 oz. orange juice•4 oz. sweet & sour mix•4 oz. pina colada mix•3 slices banana•6 strawberries•4 oz. grenadine•ice. Fill blender with ice and add all other ingredients. Blend until thick. Then top off with a splash of cranberry juice. If too thin, add more ice. Makes four servings.
- Tommy O’Collins •1 cup club soda•1 & 1/2 tblsp. lime juice•1 tsp. rum extract•1 to 2 packets sweetener•1 to 2 ice cubes. Combine first four ingredients in blender on high for ten seconds or until light and frothy. Pout over ice into tall glass.
- Tonga Twist •3 oz. pineapple juice•3 oz. grapefruit juice•1/2 oz. grenadine•club soda. First fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Add first three ingredients. Stir. Then fill glass with club soda. Finally, garnish with pineapple wedge, cherry and mint.
- Tropical 36 •1/2 banana•1 dozen fresh strawberries•8 oz. pineapple juice•1 tsp. sugar. Blend all ingredients with ice. Serve in a large snifter.
- Tropical Fruit Fizz •2 cans pineapple juice•1/2 can orange juice•1/2 bottle sweet & sour mix•1/8 bottle grenadine•24 oz. ginger ale. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Makes 30 servings.
- Tropical Fruit Punch •2 cans pineapple juice•1/2 can orange juice•1/2 bottle sweet & sour mix•1/8 bottle grenadine. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Makes 25 servings.
- Tropical NOT-a-Colada •1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice•1 banana•2 to 3 packets of sweetener•1 tsp. lime juice•1 tsp. coconut extract•3 to 4 ice cubes. Combine ingredients in blender on high for 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy. Then pour into glass and serve with straw. This is one of the best non-alcoholic drink recipes!
- Tropical Shake •1 mango•1 & 1/2 oz. passion fruit nectar•club soda. Blend first two ingredients with ice. Serve in a tall glass. Top with so
- Vintage Sunset •2 oz. collins mix•2 & 1/2 oz. 7-up•3 oz. orange juice. Blend all ingredients. Serve over crushed ice. Float with a splash of grenadine.
- Virgin Bloody Mary •1 can tomato juice•1 oz. lime juice•3 oz. club soda•3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce•2 pinches cumin powder•1 shake of celery salt•1 tsp. horseradish. First mix all ingredients except club soda into a large pitcher. Salt the rim of a highball glass. Add club soda to glass, then add the bloody Mary mixture (from step one). Finally, garnish with celery stalk and top with lemon pepper
- Virgin Mai-Tai •6 oz. orange juice•6 oz. pineapple juice•dash grenadine•dash orgeat syrup.•dash sweet & sour mix. Mix and pour over ice. Serve in a large snifter.
- Virgin Piña Colada •8 oz. pineapple juice•1/2 oz. cream of coconut. Blend with ice. Serve in a large snifter.
- Wassail on the Wagon •1 gl. apple cider•1 qt. hot water•1/2 cup instant unsweetened tea•2 tbsp. lemon juice•1 & 1/2 tsp. cinnamon•1/2 cup sugar•1 whole cinnamon stick. Heat water. Then add other ingredients. Serve warm. Makes 1 & 1/2 gallons or 64 four ounce servings.
II. Books with More Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes
- Anon. Alcohol-free Beverages.
- ____. Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes.
- Berk, S. The New York Bartender’s Guide.
- Bevan, D. The Non-alcoholic Cocktail Book.
- Blue, A. The Complete Book of Mixed Drinks.
- Bovis-Nelsen, N. Preggatinis: Mixology for the Mom-to-be.
- Brandt, J. Drinks without Alcohol.
- Brothers, F. Brothers Recipes.
- Charming, C. The Everything Bartender’s Book.
- Cox, J. The Mitchell Beazley Pocket Guide to Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes.
- De Villiers, R. & Grobler, V. Momtails: Non-alcoholic Drinks.
- Feltham, E. Summer Drinks.
- Howes, T. Skinnytinis: all the Fun for Half the Calories.
- Loo, M. Non-alcoholic Holiday Drinks.
- Penn Liquor Control Board. Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes: Cold Weather.
- ________. Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes: Warm Weather.
- ________. Non-alcoholic Drink Recipes: Having a Party?: Include Non-alcoholic Drinks.
- Sandler, S., et al. Kiddie Cocktails.
- Scott, L. Zero-proof Cocktails.
- Sora, J. International Bartender’s Guide.
- Thomas, F. and Brown, K. The Mocktail Bar Guide.
- This site gives no advice.